Since 1999, the Canadian New Media Awards have recognized excellence in the digital interactive industry, celebrating cutting-edge work in the design, development or implementation of new media projects.
2007 CANADIAN NEW MEDIA AWARDS RECOGNIZE
CANADIAN EXCELLENCE WITH NEW AWARDS LINE-UP
– Call for nominations runs February 1 – March 2, 2007 –
Toronto, ON, February 1, 2007 – The Canadian New Media Awards (CNMA), today unveiled one new and three revamped award categories that recognize excellence in the design, development or implementation of new media projects. In addition to the 11 recurring categories, Canadian individuals, students and companies are invited to submit nominations for Excellence in the Use of Social Media, the Emerging Innovator of the Year, Company of the Year and Most Promising New Company of the Year. Nominations will be accepted from February 1 to March 2, 2007 at www.cnma.com in advance of the final gala in May.
“We applaud our new and returning sponsors for demonstrating their leadership by supporting our award categories,” said Adam Froman, CNMA founder and executive producer. “The support from our sponsors helps the CNMA in its ongoing mission to recognize and showcase Canada’s world-class contributions to the new media industry.”
Some of Canada’s leading partners have invested resources to help recognize excellence across four new categories:
• The Company of the Year - sponsored by leading professional services firm Deloitte. Deloitte will manage the award’s selection process; finalists will be chosen through a confidential interview process by a panel from the consulting, legal, financial and venture communities.
• The Most Promising New Company of the Year – sponsored by RBC Royal Bank, this category continues to identify companies to watch by recognizing Canadian companies less than two years old and with less than $2.5 million in revenues. Each nominated company must now complete an interview process to qualify.
• Excellence in the Use of Social Media – this new award celebrates excellence in conversational communications, sponsored by public relations firm Edelman.
• Emerging Innovator of the Year - recognizes talented students graduating from Canadian post-secondary institutions, sponsored by Delvinia Interactive with the support of the Ontario College of Art & Design (OCAD).
“The CNMA is a powerful way to recognize both emerging and leading companies in this important sector,” explained Joanne Gordon, RBC Vice President Commercial Financial Services including Media, Professional & Business Services. “We are committed to the growth of Canada’s new media industry and we are proud to support such a pivotal industry event.”
Individuals and companies from across Canada are invited to nominate friends, colleagues or themselves and recognize outstanding achievements. Nominations will be accepted online at www.cnma.ca from 1 February through 2 March, 2007, with special discounts for nominations submitted prior to 16 February. The Awards will be presented to winners at a Gala Awards Ceremony in Toronto on May 28, 2007.
The Awards are classified into the following 15 categories:
• Excellence in Gaming
• Excellence in Children’s
• Excellence in Learning
• Excellence in News and Information
• Excellence in Culture, Lifestyle and Arts
• Excellence in Cross Platform
• Excellence in the Use of Social Media (new)
Individual and Company Awards:
• Company of the Year (revamped)
• Most Promising New Company of the Year (revamped)
• Lifetime Achievement
• Educator of the Year
• Producer of the Year
• Emerging Innovator of the Year (revamped)
• Designer of the Year
• Programmer of the Year
About the Canadian New Media Awards
The Canadian New Media Awards (CNMA) were established in 1999 to promote and celebrate excellence within the digital interactive industry. The Awards recognize the accomplishments and outstanding contributions made by Canadians working in this sector. Judges from across the country select 45 finalists and 15 winners from hundreds of entries submitted in featured categories (seven product and eight individual or company) that showcase the world-class skills of the new media industry’s top talent, services and products. Each year, hundreds of business and new media professionals from across Canada gather to honour the country’s top talent, services and products at the Gala Awards Ceremony in May. The Awards are presented in partnership with Canadian Heritage, Telefilm Canada, and Delvinia Interactive. For further information, visit www.cnma.ca.
For further information:
Canadian New Media Awards
416-979-1120 x 297