The internet is abuzz with the Yahoo-Google deal. With all the news you can read instead of writing up a long post about it I will just provide links to some really good articles that pretty much sums up the different views regarding the deal. Before I do that though let me just point out some of the developments in Yahoo leading up to the Yahoo-Google deal.
- Microsoft offers Yahoo $35 per share.
- Yahoo declines.
- An ultimatum is given by Miscrosoft.
- Yahoo’s revenue increases by 9% giving Yahoo the ability to rebuff Microsoft even more.
- Things get quiet for a little bit.
- Yahoo announced that Microsoft was no longer interested in buying Yahoo.
- Yahoo announced a non-exclusive partnership with Google. The deal will make Google an ad (search ads of course) supplier for Yahoo. Google can cancel the deal if it doesn’t reach the revenue target of about $83million.
- The deal instantly gets attention and is being scrutinised for antitrust issues.
- Yahoo’s market value goes down.
More Yahoo-Google articles for those interested:
- Our agreement to provide ad technology to Yahoo! by Omid Kordestani (Google Blog)
- Yahoo + Google – Microsoft: The Morning After by Miguel Helft (New York Times -BITS)
- Google-Yahoo Poses Ad-Rate Worries by Jessica Vascellaro and Emily Steel (Wall Street Journal)
- TIMELINE: Microsoft’s pursuit of Yahoo (Reuters)
- Grand Prize $10,000
- Best Enhanced Result $2,500
- Best Infobar $2,500
- Most Innovative Use of Structured Data $2,500
- Best Data Service $2,500